We’re excited to announce our community bicycle ride series where you can enjoy two planned routes, offering you a unique perspective of Weehawken in a timeframe of just ~30 minutes from either a skyline view on the cliff or a ride along the waterfront. The routes will include stops at locally owned cafes for you to grab a bite to eat, refreshments, and a chance to have conversations with your fellow community members.
Please take a look at our dates, locations, and details below, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or want to get involved.
We’re excited for a fun season of riding in Weehawken together. #WeeRide
Rules & Guidelines:
- A helmet is strongly encouraged
- Following all signals, stop signs, and traffic rules
- Look both ways when crossing streets for vehicles, people and other cyclists
- Sunday, April 10th, 11am-noon – Waterfront Route *2nd Sunday due to Easter on 3rd Sunday
- Sunday, May 15th, 11am-noon – Skyline Route
- Sunday, June 19th, 11am-noon – Waterfront Route
- Sunday, July 17th, 11am-noon – Skyline Route
- Sunday, Aug 21st, 11am-noon – Waterfront Route
- Sunday, Sept 18th, 11am-noon – Skyline Route
Rain Check: Dates will be the following weekend with our neighbors, Bike Hoboken which take place at 11am on the 4th Sunday of each month. Please follow them on Twitter for the locations.
The Skyline Route – Meets at Hamilton Park, Weehawken
- Download PDF
- View Google Maps
The Waterfront Route – Meets at Hamilton Cove, Weehawken
- Download PDF
- View Google Maps
There are three types of difficulty levels of our bicycle rides from basic, intermediary to difficult and we have highlighted them here.
- Waterfront – Difficulty level (low)
- Skyline – Difficulty level (medium)
- TBD – Difficulty level (high)
Release of Liability
By participating in this ride, you agree to release Bike Weehawken from all liabilities, please review these below.
THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS (the “Release”) is executed by Bike Weehawken identified by the following whose address is Weehawken, NJ 07086 in favor of Bike Weeehawken, a New Jersey not for profit organization.
- PARTICIPATION IN THE RIDE: For and in consideration of me, and or my child being allowed to participate in the ride scheduled to occur from April 10th until September 18th for the primary purpose of enjoyment and exercise offered by coordinated by Bike Weehawken, I (we), as a parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s), acknowledge that I nor my child or children are not required to participate in the ride.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR DANGERS AND RISKS: I (we) understand that there are certain dangers, hazards, and risks inherent in riding a bicycle and the activities to be engaged in during the ride including, but not limited to, those set forth in EXHIBIT “A” attached hereto and made a part hereof, which can cause personal injury, death and property damage. I (we) further understand that Bike Weehawken cannot and does not assume responsibility for any such personal injury, death, or property damage. I am, and/or (our) child is participating in the ride on a voluntary basis and has not been induced to do so by Bike Weehawken or any other person.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: Notwithstanding the dangers, hazards, and risks involved, and in consideration of my child being permitted to participate in the rides:
- (i) I (we) agree to assume all the risks surrounding mine and my child’s participation in the ride and in the activities he/she undertakes in connection therewith; and
- (ii) I (we) release and forever discharge the Bike Weehawken, its trustees, officers, agents, employees, and any agents acting as volunteers (hereafter collectively called the “Releases”), from any and all liability for any injury, damage, loss, cost or expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees) of any nature that I or my child may at any time have or incur, arising out of or in any manner related to any loss, damage, or injury, including but not limited to suffering and death, that may be sustained by me or my child or by any property belonging to us or my child, while or in transit to and from a part of the ride routes.
- DISCLAIMER OF BIKE WEEHAWKEN RESPONSIBILITY: I (we) understand and agree that Bike Weehawken and Releases are:
(i) not responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident or delay which may be caused by a defect in any vehicle or other mode of transportation, or the negligence or other wrongful act of any party engaged to provide services connected with the rides.
- (ii) not responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss or expense due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, natural disasters, terrorism, or other such causes,
- (iii) not responsible or liable for disruption of travel to and from the trip, nor any during the trip, or any consequent additional expenses that may be incurred there from, and
- (iv) Not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or theft of my property of me and my family or other personal belongings.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR MEDICAL NEEDS: I (we) represent to Bike Weehawken that I (we) are aware of my and/or my child’s personal medical needs and that there are no health-related reasons or problems that preclude or restrict my child’s participation in the bike ride. I (we) acknowledge that Bike Weehawken has strongly recommended that I (we) obtain insurance coverage valid in New Jersey to protect against the cost of hospitalization and physician care in the event of sickness, accident, injury, and disability. I (we) understand that I (we) am (are) solely responsible for obtaining such insurance (may be included with the collaborating agency). I (we) further understand and agree that (i) Bike Weehawken is not responsible for attending to any of mine or my child’s medical or medication needs; (ii) I (we) assume all risks and responsibility for my child’s medical and medication needs; and (iii) if I or my child is required to be hospitalized at any time during the ride, Bike Weehawken does not assume any legal responsibility for payment of such costs.
- EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT: I (we) understand that Bike Weehawken does not have medical personnel available at any time during the rides. I (we) understand and agree that Bike Weehawken assume no liability or responsibility for any injury or damage that might arise out of or in connection with such authorized emergency medical treatment.
- LEGAL PROBLEMS: I (we) understand that if I or my child has a legal problem in during the ride, I (we) will attend to the matter personally with my own funds and that Bike Weehawken is not responsible for providing any assistance to me or my child under such circumstances.
- BINDING NATURE OF RELEASE: It is my (our) express intent that this Release shall bind the members of my (our) family (including my spouse, if any) if I am alive, and my heirs, personal representatives, successors, and assigns if I am deceased.
- INDEMNIFICATION: I (we) agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Releases harmless from any liability, claim, action, damage, loss, fine, penalty, cost, or expense, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees, of every kind or nature, asserted by any party against any Release or incurred by any Release and arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with my child’s participation in the rides or any of the activities my child engages in during the rides.
- RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: I (we) acknowledge that Bike Weehawken reserves the following rights that it may exercise in its sole discretion: (i) the right to cancel the Trip, and (ii) the right to make alterations, changes, and modifications in any part of the ride itinerary and the activities in connection therewith.